A survey recently found that ergonomic issues are having a big impact on the way nurses do their job and their ability to care for patients. A survey of 250 full-time nurses shows that 1 in 10 nurses say they have been injured at work over the past year. Nurses suggested improvements to their work environments would help ergonomic strain. helpful modifications would include: Occupational Saety Training (OSHA Training) and the following:
- an increase in nursing staff
- providing a dedicated ergonomics team to help as needed
- re-designing the layout of floors and patient rooms to aid workflow and patient needs
- updated nursing station furniture
- newer medical equipment and furniture in patient areas, and
- more point-of-care solutions that allow sit-to-stand functionality while on the floor.
For more information, check out Spectrum Safety Training for healthcare worker safety.